Monday, July 13, 2009

Unbelievable

We found out today that our Agency, one of the most respected in Canada, went bankrupt. I almost laughed when I read that first email...really?!?!! How is that even possible??? This is just unbelievable.

I hate that our trust was already wavering and now feels so close to broken. I hate that there are so many families suffering so deeply. I hate that this feeds into all of the negative stereotyping that goes along with international adoption.

Our thoughts and prayers are now focused on those families with referrals and those who have legally adopted their children. They are focused on every other family who has invested so much financially and emotionally...waiting to see pictures of their little one(s).

We have been investigating another agency and were strongly considering switching soon. We may still do this, but what a leap of faith this will be! And explaining this to our family and friends now...ughhh

All we can do tonight is a take a deep breath, a couple of tylenols, and hope and pray that there is peace at the end of this ride from hell.

To all of those devastated by this shocking news, I am so sorry.

2 comments:

Ranavan said...

I thought you both yesterday...take the leap of faith...just ask a lot of questions first.

Salzwedel Family said...

I am praying for all of the families involved in this nightmare.