Friday, July 31, 2009

Busy days...

I haven't blogged for a couple of weeks because life has been busy! I had to re-apply for my job because there was some changes in funding with the non-profit agency I work for and I had my interview last week. I can't even describe how intense my anxiety was before, during, and after that interview. In fact, even after I was offered the job, I still couldn't sleep. But I got the job and that's all that matters!!

This week, Brendan and I celebrated our anniversary in Calgary babysitting a few of my nieces and nephews. We absolutely love them, but certainly had some tougher moments. When we're out with them and strangers comment, "Oh, your daughter is so cute" and so on, we both can't help but feel sad that we don't have our own children yet. We also feel sad that these little ones are growing up every day and don't know their cousins yet. But we have faith that we'll be there someday and certainly appreciate the time we get with our wonderful nieces and nephews today!

Little sweethearts playing at the spray park

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjD-2x5uSblgdfXXAes_jFUABdqJIZ5_AZEeVYsohuB2x24CwX6sqlGDG9-kou0-aDAX6DfkQx1Ks07TD7P7hvu34j3lNHamTslgEAvySBzjE4QZ7zbstohTwmvIakU8QneOCGLH4EuUa8/s1600-h/IMG_2385.JPG">

A very sweet gift from my husband!



Just chillin'

As much as these events have been exciting and intense, nothing compares to the news we received a couple of days ago. We are thrilled to be able to congratulate Rana and Yvan and a couple of other families on becoming new parents!!! We got to see pictures of Rana and Yvan's little boy and he is a cutie!! Absolutely beautiful! They have been waiting so long and we're so very happy for them!!

Congratulations, moms and dads!!!

2 comments:

Ranavan said...

Happy Anniversary you two! What a beautiful gift you got from your hubby!

Thanks for the shout out!!! We can't wait to show you some more pictures one day.

Jess said...

happy anniversary!! And YAH that you got your job! :)