Although I know the rest of the words to that song aren't exactly romantic, I love that line. My husband and I have shared so many great moments together with a little Billie Holiday playing in the background. But this post isn't about our shared love of music, it is about my love for my man.
For those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing Brendan, he is an amazing person. Brendan is a cute, funny, sweet, and caring guy. We were friends for a couple of years before we dated and I remember watching all of my friends turn to him for advice and support. He is such a warm, intelligent, and compassionate person, people are just drawn to him and immediately feel comfortable with him.
Children flock to him. It's to the point where my siblings and I can't help but feel jealous because even our 18 month old niece runs straight to "uncle" after not seeing any of us for 4 months. She calls for me now, but I'm pretty sure it's just because she knows that if I'm around, uncle can't be too far away! My theory is that little children feel at ease with him because he is so calm and happy. The older children obviously love him being with him because he's such a fun guy. He didn't get the nickname "Uncle FUNcle" for nothing!
Brendan is also incredibly sweet and loving. I was telling a friend one day that sometimes when I'm with him, I seriously think that I am a model. I truly believe that I am the most stunning creature to walk the earth. Walking by the mirror is always a pretty harsh reality check, but I get over it pretty quickly! This is how he makes me feel, every day. Beautiful, intelligent, special, interesting, talented, and completely loved. Last week we were chatting and he looked into my eyes and said, "I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm excited to come home from work to see you! And I'm excited for the next day. I'm pretty lucky because I feel like this every day!" I am so lucky to have someone who continues to feel that way after 10 years. The truth is, I'm excited to come home and see him every day too. But who wouldn't be?!
I could go on for hours, but maybe I'll save the rest for future posts ;) I just wanted to take the time to brag about my amazing husband and thank him for his friendship. There is no one else I'd want to take this journey with.
Decadent Instant Pot Chocolate Oatmeal
3 years ago

5 comments:
awww.... that is so sweet! :)
Look at you two lovey birds, V-day is going to be a something special!
I look forward to meeting you both some day!
Awww...so sweet!!! I've got a great one too :) I love it when great women are with great men!!!
Thanks Tortoise - Brendan
Post a Comment